Subject: Re: Enormous modeller for Linux
From: Andrej Sali <sali@rockvax>
To: Graham Tyrrell <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 09:18:07 -0500

Hi (for Martine too),

We have a mess these days because we are upgrading all sorts of
computers (eg, the web server is not working, the new compilers are not
installed yet). Among others, we also got a Pentium cluster a couple of
days ago so we are already working on your problem. But it would make
sense that we send you whatever we come up with after it works for us
well, which should be achieved by Feb 6. Please send me a reminder if I
forget about you. 

Martine, irix 6.5 fortran will hopefully be installed today so I can
send you the exec soon (did mod_iris4d work for you?)...

Best, Andrej

Graham Tyrrell wrote:
> 
> I am currently using the ENORMOUS (2000 residue) version of Modeller4
> running on an SGI. However, we have recently built a large Linux
> cluster, and I would like to try running Modeller on it. It appears that
> the compiled versions for Linux at the ftp site only allow up to 1000
> residues which is of little/no use to me as I am modelling a 1200
> residue protein.
> 
> Any possibility of an ENORMOUS version for Linux? (presumably, available
> memory is a large constraint... what kind of requirements does Modeller
> have?)
> 
> Regards
> 
> Graham Tyrrell
> 
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Graham Tyrrell          Email   (Work)     : [email-masked]
>                                 (Personal) : [email-masked]
> 
>                         Telephone          : (01904) 432550
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Andrej Sali, Assistant Professor
The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021-6399
tel +1 212 327 7550; lab +1 212 327 7206 ; fax +1 212 327 7540
e-mail [email-masked]; http://salilab.org